Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Primary Theme for 2012: "Choose the Right"


Oh my gosh I am just TOO excited for the songs for 2012! We are singing, "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus", "Choose the Right", "Nephi's Courage", and "When I am Baptized". That is just a few of them... those are some of my favorite songs! We get to pick a song about Jesus Christ for one of the months, and I am leaning toward "Beautiful Savior". The descant in the third verse is so pretty and our ward hasn't done that song in a long, long time.

I am in the process of making "choose sticks" for my Primary. I took a headshot of each child and I am going to put their picture on the top of a tongue depressor. I am going to put a dress cutout on each girl's stick and a suit cutout on each boy's stick. My crafty husband is going to cut the letters "CTR" out of a styrofoam block and we are going to stick the chooser sticks into the letters. I will use the sticks to choose volunteers throughout the year. I will upload a pic of the finished project!

I HAVE SO MANY GREAT IDEAS FOR THIS YEAR! I will eventually create a page for all of my Primary chorister lessons, so be on the lookout for that! :)

JollyJenn is a great source for song mp3s as well as flip charts. For those of you who are trying to get a headstart on January's song, "As a Child of God", I have added links to the music and the respective flip chart. I am not a big fan of flip charts myself, but I added it in case my readers wanted it.

As a Child of God- Instrumental
As a Child of God Flipchart

As usual, Sugardoodle has some great stuff, including this binder cover that I am absolutely in love with. I am so ready for next year!!!

But first I need to focus on getting through the program. Ours is November 20th... just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment