Monday, October 17, 2011

I Love to See the Temple

Yesterday was Richmond’s Stake Temple Day, so James and I headed up to DC for a much needed day of spiritual nourishment. It truly is my favorite place in the entire world. Honestly, nothing makes me happier than being there with my husband. He is so patient with me… we got caught in really bad traffic on 95 and I was pretty close to getting into a fit of road rage. James just talked to me and put in the soundtrack for Saturday’s Warrior. We were so busy singing (“Hey, Flinders. No, Flinders. Come on, we got to go, Flinders. You'll never find it here, Flinders! Believe me. I'm your friend.”) that I totally forgot about the traffic. We rolled going 10 mph for 9 and a half miles, but we were holding hands the whole time. That’s love.

When we got to the temple, we slid into one of the noon sessions. I don’t know how we got in… the temple was seriously packed. I think that the next time we visit we will go on a weekday, because it was a little too crazy for my liking. The session was amazing, though. Our trip was full of the Spirit and so many tender moments. We took a walk around the grounds, completely focused on each other and still on a spiritual high from the Celestial Room. I love that feeling. Every time we visit the temple, our love is strengthened and I can feel my love for James grow... probably because temple ordinances revolve around one important eternal aspect: families. The more we visit the temple, the stronger our family will become. We have set a goal for ourselves, and that goal is to go to the temple once a month. We are going to make this happen!

There are these giant brass doors on the side of the temple that I have always wanted pictures in front of. It rained on our wedding day, so we didn’t get to take them last year. We took advantage of the sunny weather yesterday and asked a girl to take our picture. They turned out beautiful! I am completely in love with them. Here they are in all of their glory:
"When you come to the temple you will love your family with a deeper love than you have ever felt before. The temple is about families."
-Richard H. Winkel

No comments:

Post a Comment