Friday, February 8, 2013

Nicki Minaj: An Unexplained Hatred


I have been an American Idol fan since I was in eleven. I remember being devastated when Clay Aiken lost to Ruben Studdard, crying with Kelly Clarkson while  she sang to the audience after her win,  and swearing Carrie Underwood would win after I saw her very first audition. I have watched that show for over a decade and in that time I have laughed, listened in awe, cringed at people’s off-key struggles, and cheered my favorites on. I have to admit it- American Idol is the show that I love to hate.

Every single year for the last five years I have watched the finale and turned the tv off in disgust, swearing up and down I’d never watch the show again. I said that last year, and here I am… sitting on the couch in nothing but a towel, eating flavor blasted Goldfish and complaining about the one thing that gets on my nerves the most this year.

Nicki Minaj.



Seriously.  Am I the only one that CAN.NOT.STAND.HER? Why is she a judge this season anyway? I don’t know what gets on my nerves more- her crappy hairstyle changes or her obviously scripted “clash” with Mariah Carey. Maybe it’s the fact that she has absolutely no real musical talent whatsoever… she is literally the black version of Ke$ha. She is just as trashy… all she needs is a dollar sign in her name!



Allowing Nicki Minaj to judge American Idol is akin to asking Augustus Gloop to judge a fitness competition. It just doesn’t make sense to me, and I chose to write a blog post about it.


So yeah.
 *turns on Glee*


No comments:

Post a Comment