Friday, December 23, 2011

Look, Mom! I'm Having a Baby!

Well, I guess it is finally time to unveil our holiday surprise for everyone... James and I are going to have a baby! We are due on July 31st and we are very, very excited. I am a little over two months along, and I am excited to be able to share a few details with everyone here and there. We found out in early November, and we have kept it a secret until now. On Tuesday, we had our very first ultrasound. Even though Baby Gholson is only about an inch long, we could see his/her tiny arms and legs. To my astonishment, you could even make out the baby's tiny facial features. I know there is a lot of development going on, but the kid definitely has James' nose! I mean... just look at that thing! James is worried the baby is a girl with a huge shnoz. He said, "She'll never get a date!" and I said, "That's perfectly fine with me!" I feel like the baby is a boy, though. You know when you can just feel it? I could be wrong... after all, according to every chart out there we should have a girl. My Aunt Tessi predicted I would have a girl too, and I trust my Aunt Tessi more than any Chinese baby chart out there! Anyway, here is our baby's first picture! We find out the gender in 12 weeks and I am unsure if I can stand the wait!


In other news, James and I are preparing for our last childless Christmas. Tonight I made my Pop Pop's Christmas Fudge. If you would like the recipe then feel free to snag it from under the "recipes" tag on my page. I am done with my Christmas shopping, and our tree is looking ever so beautiful in front of our back door. I am proud to say that it turns heads when people pass by. This will also be the first year I spend Christmas away from my parents and younger siblings. Hopefully it will be the last. Until Christmastime, I can probably be found somewhere with my feet up and a book in my hand. Or in the kitchen. When I am on winter break I tend to bake a lot and lay around in sweats watching Christmas movies. I think I will enjoy the down time while I can... those times will be limited 7 months from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment